Stephen D. Rogers
But is the teacher ready? That s the question that haunts every teacher that fateful first day in the classroom. Making it through that day and the 179 school days that follow is how every career in education and lifelong learning truly begins. In this collection, fifty teachers share the trials, tribulations, and triumphs they ve experienced during their first year on the job. Organized along the lines of the school calendar, these touching tales illustrate the learning curve experienced by new teachers: Facing Day One Meeting the Students Surprising the Students Bonding with Faculty and Staff Being Surprised by the Students Watching the Students Bloom Saying Farewell
From the hilariously obsessive-compulsive preparation of a rookie English professor to the poignant lesson a bold third grader imparts upon his novice teacher about love and acceptance, this moving collection is sure to motivate new and veteran teachers alike.”
Harry K Wong, Rosemary T Wong
The number one problem in classrooms is the lack of classroom management, not discipline. This is a solutions book that turns classroom chaos into student achievement. It walks a teacher through organizing and structuring a classroom to create a safe and positive environment for student learning and achievement to take place. The book includes step-by-step teaching of 50 procedures that can be applied, changed, adapted, and incorporated into any classroom management plan and 40 QR (Quick Response) Codes that provide additional resources. All ideas are easy to implement at no cost. The concepts shared are suitable for all grades, all subjects, and all teachers. While all of the work and preparation behind a well-managed classroom are rarely observed, the dividends are evident in a classroom that is less stressful for all and one that hums with learning. This book is a companion book to The First Days of School and provides an in-depth look at classroom management.
Harry K Wong, Rosemary T Wong
The best-selling book ever on classroom management and teaching for student achievement with over 3.6 million copies sold. The book walks a teacher, either novice or veteran, through structuring and organizing a classroom for success that can be applied at any time of the year at any grade level, pre-K through college. The book is used in thousands of school districts, in over 116 countries, and in over 2,027 college classrooms. Its practical, yet inspiring. But most important, it works The new 4th edition includes updated research, photos, and more examples of “how-to” along with an implementation DVD, “Using The First Days of School” featuring Chelonnda Seroyer. This is the most requested book for what works in the classroom for teacher and student success.
The Most Common Learning and Behavior Problems Encountered in the Educational Environment
Stephen B. McCarney
The Pre-Referral Intervention Manual-Fourth Edition (687 pages, © 2014) has strategies for each identified problem. The strategies are simple, straightforward, and easily implemented by regular classroom teachers.
- The PRIM-4 was developed by regular and special education teachers.
- The PRIM-4 answers the mandate for pre-referral intervention in regular education classrooms.
- The PRIM-4 improves the teacher’s ability to individualize instruction for students in the classroom.
- The PRIM-4 is one of the most comprehensive learning and behavior intervention manuals available.
- The PRIM-4 contains over 4,000 intervention strategies for the 250 most common learning and behavior problems. The intervention strategies are easily implemented in classrooms by regular education teachers.
- The PRIM-4 now includes a Social Skills section which provides interventions to help students master specific social skills.
- The PRIM-4 includes an appendix of forms for the implementation of the behavioral interventions. A CD with an Appendix PDF file is also included.
- User-friendly format has color-coded sections.